T6 Leadership Development Program
Listed in its program calendar under the name of “Story Based Leadership Development Program”, the General Secretariat of the Executive Council had adopted T6 as one of their official leadership development program offerings for the development of nationals holding leadership positions across Abu Dhabi Government entities.
The T6 Leadership Development Program is a bespoke program designed and devised by an internationally educated team of local practitioners and educators who have combined the best and latest leadership and management theories of the West, that which is applicable, realistic and practical with the specific needs of the Middle East.
The program encompasses various interactive and dynamic activities that include a “Job Shadowing Exchange” opportunity, personal interviews with sector leaders and visits to other workplaces of peer companies in the sector, all of which add to the profound richness of the learning delivered.
The program follows Altaaat Institute’s proprietary six step group learning methodology devised to best suit the region’s local leadership environment, their needs and preferences.
Similar to the rest of its program methodologies, the T6 methodology came to deliver effective hands-on leadership learning, addressing current shortcomings experienced by learners through other leadership development programs and mediums offered in the market.
For more information refer to “What makes Altaaat programs different?”
- A dynamic leadership journey that delivers real and perceived impact
- The opportunity to be part of a know-how consortium of leaders from the same sector
- An exchange of knowledge and experiences amongst sector peers
- Develop ties and acquaintances with other leaders in the sector, promote collaborations and knowledge exchange for the good of the country, the Emirate and the sector
- The opportunity to take back, test, and then feedback attempts of applying what was learned and sharing these with the rest of the group
- Learn from the successes and failures of others, avoid repeating failures and be confident around applying successfully tried and tested approaches
- Learn without having to leave the workplace
- Promote ongoing self learning through continuous application of learning and thinking strategies acquired throughout the learning journey such as informed reading, strategic thinking, structured reflection and collaborative discussions
- A lasting, memorable leadership development journey
- Ten 2-hour leadership development sessions spread over ten weeks – one session a week, including a one-hour introductory session at the start of the program
- Sessions hosted at participating organization’s workplace venues – allowing participants to experience different working environments
- Each week a new one-hour interview with one of the participating entities top leaders e.g. CEO, for the duration of the program. Total of ten interviews with different local CEOs in the sector.
- A copy of the Leadership development book that will be read during the ten week program, including a reading light, and an electronic English dictionary bookmark
- “Job Shadowing Exchange Program”
- Key leadership lessons learned within the program captured for future reference
- A list of recommended leadership readings to read going forward
- A frame with ten group photos each photo with one of the organizations leaders met during the program
- End of program sponsored dinner event
- The program completion certificate